03 August 2010

The daily grind

What I lug around town to and from work.



I am always asked how I can carry so much stuff around with me. I just want to be prepared.

The bag:

Hermes Birkin, grey leather, (I think its officially called, Hermes 40cm Gris Togo Leather) All I know it's a sturdy leather bag that is massive and can hold tons of crap. And best of all, it was a hand-me-down, so I didn't have to buy it. I have had it for two years and I practically used it every day, trains, buses, tube, subway, walking, rain, sun, in the boot, in the closet, and on the ground, everywhere.

Contents:

Business card case.
Conair comb bought at the drugstore.
Jo Malone Lime Basil and Mandarin Cologne for those morning meetings and lunch dates.
Extra pair of plastic collar stays, just in case.
Monogrammed silver cuff links, always rolled up sleeves when commuting, I get too hot.
Charlie Card for the T, (Boston Subway).
Old Breitling watch, (no need to wear it in the subway when I am constantly looking at my iPhone).
TI-89 Calculator.
Staedtler pen.
Re-useable bag just in case I decide to stop at Trader Joes on the way back.
iPhone, (listening to LBC 1152 on the UK radio app. above ground or Friendly Fires underground).
iPhone charger.
L'Occitane hand cream.
Pair of vintage RayBans from the early 80's with VV croakies, (inherited from a parent, the real deal, weird 80's style, they don't make them anymore).
Slightly more hip sunglasses bought from a vendor in the Ladbroke Grove Market, (for when I want to feel a tad edgy).
Current read, Walking Haunted London, with Zac Goldsmith campaign flyer as a book mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment