28 December 2010

Barbour changed?



So my Beaufort was purchased around 2003, (I was 17 then). I didn't think I would need a liner, but last week, during the extreme cold, I decided I should get one, (the Barbour is my only jacket, the rest of my outerwear are tweed topcoats). So I popped into my local Barbour to buy a liner, and what do you know, they don't carry them anymore. My Barbour is made for a snap in liner, the new ones are zip in. And the worst part is you can't get the snap in liners anywhere. Also, what I found interesting is that the tartan interior of the jacket is different now, a tartan of olive and sage, unlike the older version,(this change happened around 2004/2005, I found out from the sales clerk.)

So now you know who exactly you can talk to when your at a cocktail party. If the tartan is old, you know they purchased it before 2005, before the preppy/wasp trend. But if it's a new tartan, questionable.

No comments:

Post a Comment